PLEASE NOTE: APPLICATIONS ARE NOW OPEN FOR THIS YEAR
MAKA Scholarships for 2019/2020: On-line Application Form
Applicants should be Minnesota high school students who will graduate in May or June of 2020, of minimum 50% Korean heritage, and a citizen or permanent resident of the United States. A minimum grade point average of 3.0 is required. All applicants must complete all application requirements and submit the packet by the deadline listed below. Scholarships will be awarded at the Celebrating Tomorrow Dinner in March, 2020.
Please note: online and emailed submissions are preferred, but paper copies can be sent to MAKA's address below. EMAIL ANY FORMS TO: email@example.com
1. Please fill out the form below, using this online entry system, and click Submit when all fields are filled in.
2. If you wish to list your Honors and Awards, and your Extracurricular Activities, in a separate email or in a Word doc, you can do that rather than use the two fields below. Please send the email with the information, or with the Word docs attached, to firstname.lastname@example.org. Optionally, you can also print and mail paper copies to our address below.
3. Please email us a digital file (jpeg preferred) of a picture of yourself. If you only have paper prints of your picture, you can mail it to the MAKA address at the bottom of this page.
4. Please email or mail an official transcript of your grades for the past two years of high school, and a copy of your ACT or SAT test scores. These can come from you, no need for official sealed copies.
5. The MAKA Essay: please write a two-to-three page essay on the following topic:
Reflect on a time when you questioned Korean Heritage. How did it affect you and how can your Korean Heritage influence your future?
You can send the essay in the body of an email, or as a Word attachment, or mail a paper copy.
DEADLINES: All material must be received by September 30, 2019. This includes the online form as well as the supplementary items such as the test scores, transcripts, essay and so forth.
QUESTIONS: Please contact the MAKA Scholarship Committee Chairperson, Saahoon Hong at: email@example.com
SELECTION PROCESS: Selection will be based on academic achievements, honors, extracurricular activities and the essay. Decisions of the Committee are final. MAKA expects to award 12 scholarships this year.